Transumbilical Breast Augmentation in Brooklyn
Transumbilical Breast Augmentation, commonly referred to, as T.U.B.A. or scar-less belly button breast augmentation, is a procedure used to increase the breast size by introduction of breast implants through the umbilicus (navel or the belly button) and then inflating them to a requested size. In the hands of a Brooklyn NY Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Leonard Grossman, this surgery has proven to be only beneficial, with fewer complications over the traditional methods of breast augmentation by being safer, faster (average time of 20 minutes) and less invasive procedure creating larger breasts without visible scars on the breasts or in the armpit. As long as Dr. Grossman has been performing TUBA (since 1996), this surgery has been surrounded by a lot of controversy, primarily at the hands of the doctors who do not know how to perform TUBA. There are many doctors, who claim to perform TUBA, yet tell patients “you are not a candidate for TUBA”.
THE TRUTH IS: EVERY ONE WHO DESIRES LARGER BREASTS IS A CANDIDATE FOR TUBA EVEN IF THEY NEED A BREAST LIFT. Surgeons who have not been trained in this technique often scoff at its safety and efficacy even though there are fewer complications, better results and less physical stress to the patient with this particular approach.
Transumbilical Breast Augmentation has many benefits and is the most effective method at delivering the desired results to the patient, with less downtime and post-operative care as compared with traditional surgery. This endoscopic assisted technique has many advantages, among them when the patient wants the breast size substantially increased, not just 1 or 2 cup sizes, but 3 or more. Reason being, there is no tension on the incision line in TUBA.
Frequently patients needing a mastopexy (breast lift) and augmentation can have TUBA, which will lift and enlarge the breasts totally without scars all in one procedure. If you desire larger breasts, need breast reconstruction, do not want scars, or need a lift and are in good physical and mental condition –T.U.B.A. is definitely the procedure for you.
You can look at the many breast augmentation before and after pictures of patients, some of which may have breasts similar to yours. These breast augmentation images with help you with your expectations and decision making process of the proposed breast enhancement surgery.
Advantages of TUBA:
1. No scars on or near the breast.
2. Breasts look more natural quicker than with any other approach.
3. Chances of losing sensation to the nipple or the breast are considerably smaller than with traditional approach (less than 1% with TUBA).
4. No bleeding complications have occurred in more than 6,000. In traditional breast augmentation there is always some bleeding caused by cutting.
5. Any size implant can be placed the first time around with NO SIZE LIMIT.
6. Quicker surgical time 20-30 minutes.
7. Less anesthesia requirements and no post-operative nausea or vomiting.
8. Quicker recovery (many patients return to work the next day).
9. Less pain postoperatively (most patients take nothing “strong” for pain the day after surgery).
10. Implants can be placed under or over the muscle (99% of our patients get under the muscle implants).
11. Fewer capsular contractures occur with TUBA (in our experience less than 1%).
12. Infections: in our large series of patients (over 6,000) not a single patient had infection. Note: in traditional breast augmentations infections occur as much as 19.5% of the time.
13. Implants can be quickly exchanged the very same way at any time (through the belly button): for new implants, larger or smaller ones.
14. Implants can be exchanged by means of TUBA even in patients who have had traditional saline breast augmentation surgery; this way you avoid unnecessary cuts on the breasts and more difficult recovery.
15. One exception to the above rule: patients, who have capsular contractures, will require open revision surgery.
16. All implants come with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
17. Most patients can resume gym exercise in 5 to 7 days.
18. No special bras or taping is required, you will be able to wear your favorite bra within a few days to week.
19. Showers and almost all “normal” activities can be resumed the day after surgery.
20. You can be on the beach or even go topless and no one can tell you that you have had your breasts done (unless of course you are extremely large).
The myths you may hear from uneducated others and even doctors:
1. TUBA goes inside the belly and you can suffer permanent or mortal damage.
COMPLETELY UNTRUE, the tube in the TUBA procedure goes only under the skin, through the fat never entering the inside of the belly.
2. Implants can only be placed subglandularly (over the muscle).
COMPLETELY UNTRUE AGAIN, more than 99% Dr. Grossman’s patients have the implants placed under the muscle.
3. Infections are more frequent.
Well, you know it’s ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE or WHY WOULD WE BE DOING IT.
Not a single patient in our series had an infection.
4. TUBA will result in visible lines from the breasts to the belly button.
Not completely untrue as we have seen patients from elsewhere with this condition, but using Dr. Grossman’s technique, patients don’t have this problem.
5. You will have to have your breasts cut in the future anyways.
Sounds logical, but it’s NOT TRUE. In fact it’s even easier on the patient to have implants exchanged or replaced by TUBA for the exactly the same reasons as the original breast augmentation.
Price of TUBA Breast Augmentation surgery varies according locations where the surgery is being performed (hospitals are more expensive), the placement of the implants and the size if the unusually large implants are being used. Type of anesthesia used also has impact on the price of surgery. Patients’ medical history and condition are very important in the decision making process, since the patients’ safety is of paramount importance.
The patient must know that our price of TUBA Surgery includes the implant cost, surgeon’s fee, price of the anesthesia, operating facility and ancillary staff fee as well as all the future follow up exams. When shopping for the best deal in town keep these facts in mind and also be ware that having the least expensive surgeon operate on you may eventually cost you so much more in the future. Loss of health and time seeking and needing revision surgery is very expensive.
Experience of the doctor combined with excellent results should be your guides in the decision making process.
- Transumbilical Breast Augmentation
- transumbilical breast augmentation and its benefits
- What is Transumbilical Breast Augmentation
- How T.U.B.A. Surgery is Performed
- T.U.B.A. Recovery: What to Expect
- The History of Transumbilical Breast Augmentation
- Contact Information & Locations for T.U.B.A.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: IN NEW YORK STATE, ANY, EVEN UNTRAINED PHYSICIANS CAN PERFORM SURGERY AT THEIR OFFICE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DOCTOR IS A QUALIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, NOT SOME ONE WHO TOOK A WEEKEND COURSE OF LECTURES ON HOW TO PERFORM A SURGICAL PROCEDURE. ASK YOUR PHYSICIAN TO PRODUCE DOCUMENTS THAT HE OR SHE HAS COMPLETED TWO TO THREE YEARS OF PLASTIC SURGERY TRAINING AT AN ACCREDITED RESIDENCY PROGRAM.
Corrective procedures are much more expensive, than the first time, well-performed surgery.
Your goal as the patient is to do your research, make the right choice and have the surgery you have always wanted done right the very first time, by the right hands.
To schedule your consultation with Dr. Grossman please call 212-585-2133
Leonard Grossman, M.D.
159 East 74th Street
NY, NY 10021
Leonard Grossman, M.D.
3039 Emmons Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11235