New York Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Individuals usually choose rhinoplasty or a nose job for both aesthetic and medical reasons. Rhinoplasty surgery can enhance the natural beauty of a face and reshape the nose to make it more proportional to the rest of the face. In the hands of a skilled surgeon, the procedure can correct deformities related to trauma or just plain unfortunate genetics. Others choose rhinoplasty for functional reasons. Rhinoplasty can correct structural defects of the nose that can impair breathing. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, nose reshaping procedures, or rhinoplasty, remain among the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures. Every year almost 250,000 people undergo the procedure.
During surgery, bumps can be smoothed out, tip lifted or made shorter and the nose can also be reduced in size. The nose can be widened or narrowed, depending on the patients’ needs. If the nose is turned downward, crooked, or enlarged, a rhinoplasty procedure can also correct these defects. During the initial consultation with your rhinoplasty surgeon, you should discuss your aesthetic goals and your plastic surgeon will develop a plan of action on which both of you should agree. Dr. Leonard Grossman is a plastic surgeon in New York City with decades of experience in Rhinoplasty Surgery. If your nose demands aNon-surgical (nose job in the bottle) procedure, an Open or Closed surgical approach, Dr. Grossman will be there for you. When you meet with Dr. Grossman, M.D. he’ll review your medical history, take a look at your individual needs, and work with you to make your goals a reality. Not everyone needs to be cut to have their nose corrected. In fact Dr. Grossman was the surgeon who invented Nose Job in the Bottle, and since 1996 when he was featured on The “Extra” TV show countless patients had their noses fixed painlessly within minutes using a myriad of the new fillers. The fillers can provide a temporary (6 months or more) repair or a permanent result, depending on the individual.
Am I A Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty may be a good choice for you if you have concerns about the appearance of your nose. If you are healthy, do not smoke, and have realistic goals for the outcome of the procedure, you may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Younger patients should only undergo the procedure after puberty. Rhinoplasty can correct the following defects and irregularities in the nose:
- Position of the nostrils
- Reduction of the size of the nose
- Increase the size of the nose
- Removal of bumps, humps, or depressions in the nose
- Change the shape or position of the nasal tip
- Reduce the size of large nostrils
- Correct asymmetry in the nose
- Correct a deviated septum to help with impaired breathing
- Improve breathing after nasal fracture
If you are considering rhinoplasty, it is important that you speak to a qualified cosmetic surgeon in New York. Contact Dr. Leonard Grossman today.
Dr. Grossman will review your medical history and take a closer look at your nose and your concerns. Nose reshaping is an art. In the hands of Dr. Grossman’s skilled hands, countless patients have discovered what rhinoplasty can do for them.
Ways to Prepare for Your Rhinoplasty Surgery in NYC.
If you’re planning to undergo rhinoplasty surgery, there are many ways you can prepare for surgery. Leonard Grossman, M.D. will guide you through the process. Here are a few things to consider:
- Ask questions during your initial consultation. Dr. Grossman will take the time to thoroughly review your case and offer you information, but you may want to come to the initial consultation prepared with your own questions. The kind of surgical technique that will be used during your procedure will depend on your needs. You’ll also want to understand how long your recovery period will take and how much time you should take off work. Dr. Grossman will review all these concerns and questions with you before proceeding.
- Make sure you share all important information with your doctor. Let your doctor know what your goals are. Inform your cosmetic surgeon about any drug allergies or medical conditions you have.
- Prepare yourself for recovery. You’ll receive instructions about how to care for your nose as you recover. Make sure to follow these instructions carefully and take all medications as directed. You’ll probably want to have all medications ready for you at home before you go into surgery.
- Plan for follow-up appointments. Your follow-up appointments are just as important as your initial consultation and the surgery itself. Make sure you plan these appointments before you undergo surgery.
- Stop smoking. If you smoke, you must quit before undergoing rhinoplasty surgery.
Dr. Leonard Grossman prides himself on getting his patients excellent results with fast recovery time. When you need a rhinoplasty surgeon with decades of successful procedures, you need Dr. Leonard Grossman. Contact our offices today to learn more.
What Can I Expect After Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Most patients experience increased self-esteem, happiness about their appearance, and breathe more easily after undergoing rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Leonard Grossman has years of experience helping patients achieve their aesthetic goals. Contact our office today to begin the journey toward your best self now. 212-585-2133 or 718-934-5500