1. Do not use general anesthesia, which is associated the increased risks like nausea and vomiting, hypothermia and deep vein thrombosis.
Our patients do not have post-operative nausea or vomiting. Majority of our patients can go home just minutes after they leave the operating room.
2. Keep the operating room warm, not hospital cold, in fact our operating room is frequently above 85* Fahrenheit. This makes the patients much more comfortable, there is no shivering and the dangerous effect of hypothermia is completely removed from the picture.
3. Make minimal number of incisions for access and make incisions as small as possible (no suturing is ever required).
4. Create as much symmetry as the individual anatomy allows.
5. Finish the process with the patient standing in front of a mirror if needed before the patient is discharged. Liposuction plastic surgeon Dr. Grossman is considered to be the Inventor of Standing Liposuction. This process allows you the patient to control the desired outcome with absolutely minimal discomfort. This approach also reduces the need for corrective surgery, because we are NOT finished until you tell us that you have achieved your goal.
6. Eliminate the need for compression garments. New York cosmetic surgeon Dr. Grossman does not use pressure garments since these can cause indents and uneven results and do not allow the skin to shrink naturally. Pressure garments can also cause a lot of discomfort, permanent pressure scars and even skin necrosis.
7. Eliminate or decrease the possibility of post-operative bruising and swelling. If you don’t bruise, you don’t swell or swell minimally. If you don’t bruise you don’t hurt in the area of surgery. Our patients don’t have any bruising 95% of the time.
8. Let the patients resume normal or near normal life style immediately after surgery (our patients can shower right away and go out for lunch or dinner the day of surgery if they desire).
To recap: Dr. Grossman’s liposuction patients do not have any stitches, they do not have to wear any pressure garments, greater than 95% of the time patients have no bruising, they can go to work the very next day or even the same day, go to the gym in three days and be on the beach in about one week and that’s with swimming in open water.
Postoperative discomfort is minimal and rarely requires anything more than a Tylenol or Motrin.
Price of Liposuction varies according to the area of liposuction that needs to be addressed as well as the volume of the procedure and the delicate nature of the procedure. Patient’s medical history and condition are important in the decision making process, since the patients’ safety is of paramount importance.
The patient must know that our price of liposuction includes the surgeon’s fee, price of anesthesia, operating facility and ancillary staff fee and all the needed follow up exams.
When shopping for the best deal in town keep these facts in mind and also be ware that having the least expensive surgeon operate on you may eventually cost you so much more in the future.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: IN NEW YORK STATE, ANY, EVEN UNTRAINED PHYSICIANS CAN LEGALLY PERFORM SURGERY IN THEIR OFFICE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR DOCTOR IS A QUALIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON WITH YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, NOT SOME ONE WHO TOOK A WEEKEND COURSE OF LECTURES ON HOW TO PERFORM A SURGICAL PROCEDURE. ASK YOUR PHYSICIAN TO PRODUCE DOCUMENTS THAT HE OR SHE HAS COMPLETED TWO TO THREE YEARS OF PLASTIC SURGERY TRAINING AT AN ACCREDITED RESIDENCY PROGRAM.
Corrective procedures are much more expensive, than the first time well performed surgery.
Your goal as the patient is to make the right choice and have the surgery you have always wanted done right the very first time.
To schedule your consultation with Brooklyn liposuction Doctor Leonard Grossman please call 212-585-2133 or 718-934-5500