It’s time. After considering your options, you’ve finally decided to move forward with using an injectable treatment to get rid of wrinkles and the signs of aging. Injectables present an excellent solution for individuals who want to restore their youthful and healthy glow, but who don’t want to go under the knife. A qualified NYC cosmetic surgeon can perform Juvéderm and Botox treatments quickly, safely, and effectively. Yet, before you schedule your first treatment, there are a few questions you may want to ask your doctor. Here are the five questions to ask before you begin treatment(s):
- Should I choose Juvéderm or Botox? Whether you use Juvéderm to treat facial wrinkles or Botox will depend largely on your needs. Juvéderm is a facial filler that smooths out wrinkles and of the face folds by “filling in” areas that have lost volume and collapsed. Botox, on the other hand, works by targeting and paralyzing the underlying muscle activity that forms the dynamic (movement) wrinkles in the first place. If you suffer from frown lines, Botox can help. Botox is also being used more and more frequently in younger women as a preventative treatment, to stop the deepening of early wrinkles, while Juvéderm reduces the appearance of wrinkles after they have formed. A qualified plastic surgeon can review your unique needs and determine which product is right for you.
- How often will I require treatments? Juvéderm and Botox treatments won’t last forever. You’ll need to schedule regular maintenance treatments with your doctor. Depending on your needs and body’s natural metabolism, Juvéderm’s effects can easily over six months and many years in some. Botox effect, depending on the your body’s natural metabolism, averages 3 to 4 months. In some individuals Botox effect may last up to one year.
- What side-effects can I expect? While Botox and Juvéderm are safe, any medical procedure carries risk and side effects. Your cosmetic surgeon will review your medical history to ensure that you are not at high-risk of complications, but it is important to be informed about possible side-effects, so that you can get proper care if you experience them. Slight bruising is the most common, yet rare complication.
- How many years have you been injecting Juvéderm and Botox and how many patients have you treated? Leonard Grossman has been injecting Botox for decades. Countless patients count on his skilled techniques to keep them looking their best. If you need a Botox and Juvéderm provider in NYC, Dr. Leonard Grossman, M.D. offers unparalleled service and care.
- How much does Botox cost? How much does Juvéderm cost? The cost of Botox and Juvéderm will depend largely on the areas you’ll need to treat and on the amount of product you will require for optimal result. It is important to speak to your doctor to get an estimate of the cost of ongoing treatment.
Injectable treatments such as Botox and Juvéderm are highly effective in eliminating and reducing appearance of lines and wrinkles. Every person’s esthetic and medical needs are unique, so it is important to speak to a qualified cosmetic surgeon in NYC before you decide on the type of filler or injectable. Dr. Leonard Grossman, M.D. is a qualified cosmetic surgeon who has been performing surgery in NYC since 1995. When you need attentive care and years of practice on your side, you need Dr. Leonard Grossman.