Breast Augmentation with Saline Implants in Brooklyn
Transumbilical Breast Augmentation, commonly referred to as T.U.B.A. or scar-less belly button breast augmentation, is a procedure used to increase the breast size by introducing breast implants through the umbilicus (navel, the belly button). In the hands of Brookly Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Leonard Grossman, this surgery has proven to be a safer, faster (average time of 20 minutes) and less invasive procedure creating larger breasts without visible scars on the breasts or in the armpit. As long as Dr. Grossman has been performing TUBA (since 1996), this surgery has been surrounded by a lot of controversy, primarily at the hands of the doctors who do not know how to perform TUBA. There are many doctors, who claim to perform TUBA, yet tell patients “you are not a candidate for TUBA”.
THE TRUTH IS, EVERY ONE WHO DESIRES LARGER BREASTS IS A CANDIDATE FOR TUBA EVEN IF THEY NEED A BREAST LIFT. Surgeons who have not been trained in this technique often scoff at its safety and efficacy even though there are fewer complications, better results and less physical stress to the patient with this particular approach.
Transumbilical Breast Augmentation is the most effective method at delivering the desired results to the patient, with less downtime and post-operative care as compared with traditional surgery. This endoscopic assisted technique has many advantages, among them when the patient wants the breast size substantially increased, not just 1 or 2 cup sizes, but 3 or more. Reason being, there is no tension on the incision line in TUBA.
Frequently patients needing a mastopexy (breast lift) and augmentation can have TUBA, which will lift and enlarge the breasts totally without scars all in one procedure. If you desire larger breasts, need breast reconstruction, do not want scars, or need a lift and are in good physical and mental condition –T.U.B.A. is definitely the procedure for you.
1. No scars on the breast.
2. Breasts look more natural quicker than with any other approach.
3. Chances of losing sensation to the nipple or the breast is considerably smaller than with traditional approach (less than 1% with TUBA).
4. No bleeding complications have occurred in more than 5,000 procedures at our center. In traditional breast augmentation there is always some bleeding caused by cutting.
5. Any size implant can be placed the first time around with no limit in size.
6. Quicker surgical time 15-35 minutes.
7. Less anesthesia requirements and no post-op nausea and vomiting.
8. Quicker recovery (many patients return to work the next day).
9. Less pain postoperatively (most patients take nothing “strong” for pain the day after surgery).
10. Implants can be placed under or over the muscle (95% of our patients get unders).
11. Fewer capsular contractures (hard breasts) occur with TUBA (in our experience less than 1%).
12. Infections: in our large series of patients (over 5,000) not a single patient had implant infection. Note: in traditional breast augmentations done in the hospital infections occur as often as 20% of the time.
13. Implants can be exchanged the very same way at any time (through the belly button), for new implants, larger or smaller ones.
14. Implants can be exchanged by means of TUBA even in patients who have had traditional breast surgery; this way you avoid unnecessary pain and scarring.
15. One exception to the above rule: patients, who have capsular contractures, will require open revision surgery.
16. All implants come with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
17. Most patients can resume gym exercise in 5 to 7 days.
18. No special bras or taping is required, you can wear your favorite bra within a few days to week.
19. Showers and almost all “normal” activities can be resumed the next day.
20. You can be on the beach or even go topless and no one can tell you that you had your breasts done (unless of course you are extremely large).
The myths you may hear from uneducated others and even doctors:
1. TUBA goes inside the belly and you can suffer permanent or mortal damage.
COMPLETELY UNTRUE, the endoscope in the TUBA procedure goes only under the skin, through the fat, never entering the inside of the abdomen.
2. Implants can only be placed subglandularly (over the muscle).
COMPLETELY UNTRUE AGAIN, more than 95% Dr. Grossman’s patients have the implants placed under the muscle.
3. Infections are more frequent.
Well, you know it’s ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE or WHY WOULD WE BE DOING IT.
Not a single patient in our series had an infection.
4. TUBA will result in visible lines from the breasts to the belly button.
Not completely untrue as we have seen patients from other doctors with this condition, but using Dr. Grossman’s technique, patients don’t have this problem.
5. You will have to have your breasts cut in the future anyways.
Sounds logical, but it’s NOT TRUE. In fact it’s even easier on the patient to have implants exchanged or replaced by TUBA for the exactly the same reasons as the original breast augmentation.
Price of TUBA Breast Augmentation surgery varies according the placement of the implants and the size of the unusually large implants. Patient’s medical history and condition are very important in the decision making process, since the patients’ safety is of paramount importance.
The patient must know that our price of TUBA Surgery includes the implant cost, surgeon’s fee, price of anesthesia, operating facility and ancillary staff fee as well as all the follow up exams. When shopping for the best deal in town keep these facts in mind and also be ware that having the least expensive surgeon operate on you may eventually cost you so much more in the future. Loss of health and time is very expensive.
Experience of the doctor combined with excellent results should be your guides in the decision making process.
Corrective procedures are much more expensive, than the first time well performed surgery.
Your goal as the patient is to make the right choice and have the surgery you have always wanted done right the very first time, by the right hands.
To schedule your consultation with Dr. Grossman please call 212-585-2133